Thank you for inquiring with Atlantic Power Washing! Please read all information on this page.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.
A representative will be in touch with you to provide your estimate, and if we need any additional information.
At APW we care about our customers. As Fredericksburg locals, we dedicate ourselves to answering your questions and to help you understand our services. If you have an urgent question feel free to reach out to us while you’re waiting for your estimate!
Power Washing / Customer Requirements, Terms and Conditions
Here are some things you will want to review and be aware of when having your home power washed. Please read the entire page.
• Atlantic Power Washing is grateful to be able to provide exceptional and professional pressure washing services to your exterior surface and property.
• Atlantic Power Washing takes great pride in the work done and takes extra precautions to protect your property during service such as but not limited to: Taping and bagging off electronic locks and outlets, pre and post rinsing vegetation, covering sensitive vegetation and/or items, using low pressure, correct chemical dilution, etc…
• Atlantic Power Washing is not legally liable for any damage that can occur but is not likely that include but are not limited to: water damage and water intrusion, electrical short circuits, mechanical, vegetation, personal items, oxidation, discoloration, seals, gaskets, paint chipping, windows, vehicles, etc…
• In the case of accidental damage or miscommunication of service Atlantic Power Washing will rectify the problem if reasonable.
• Please ensure you’re outside water source is turned on from inside your house. We do carry our own water but we still require the use of customers water for larger jobs.
• Please have your driveway clear of all vehicles to provide adequate parking space in front of your home.
• All Items should be removed from the area(s) to be washed. (At least twenty feet) Clear the working area of all objects (grills, movable lighting, furniture, plants, toys, etc.). This includes items on or attached to the decks & porches (if deck power wash is to be performed) and all items around the house if a house wash will be performed. (Make Atlantic Power Washing aware if there are problems with moving items prior to the project’s start date). Removal and replacement of grills, deck furniture, planters, etc. are the responsibility of the homeowner/tenant. Should we need to remove items from the deck, we will not be responsible for breakage or for storage issues.
• While Atlantic Power Washing is on the location of your property, you are responsible for keeping all children and pets, as well as other individuals, away from the work area. This is for your safety as well as ours.
• Make sure all windows are locked tightly to ensure there are no tiny gaps that may leak and notify Atlantic Power Washing of any damaged window seals or known leaks. If your windows are not sealed properly there may be some leaking, for which Atlantic Power Washing will not take responsibility.
• Provide Atlantic Power Washing with exclusive access to areas covered by the estimate/proposal. Do not schedule other exterior contractors such as landscapers, painters, tree service on the day we are scheduled as this will cause conflict.
• If you have any questions about the work you have contracted Atlantic Power Washing to perform or would like changes to be made, please call BEFORE the start of your project.
• Cancellation must be given 24 hrs prior to your scheduled service date or there will be a fee of $50 to be paid by the homeowner.
Some stains cannot be removed by power washing. Artillery fungus, splatters from wood stain and paint are examples of materials that cannot be removed by conventional means. Rust stains on siding can be removed at an additional charge.
Water resources are available at the discretion of Atlantic Power Washing. Owner of property may be responsible for water usage and/or charges related to water usage. Atlantic Power Washing has the right to determine whether water resources are the responsibility of the consumer or the service provider. This decision is based on information such as the size of the property and estimated water usage. We have the right to refuse the providing of water for any services. By purchasing services from Atlantic Power Washing, we assume you understand the responsibility of providing water usage and hook up. Atlantic Power Washing is not responsible for any damage and/or leaks related to water services in or on the property being serviced.
We accept cash, check, all major credit cards, apple pay, and android pay. Payment is due upon completion of services rendered. Online invoicing and payment options are available.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take to wash my house?
This depends on the size of the house. A basic one level rambler will usually take under an hour while a larger two level detailed Colonial with wrap around front porch, can take 2-4 hours.
Do you use high pressure washing?
Contrary to popular belief, high pressure washing techniques will damage your home. You can feel confident with our extensive training and experience that your house will be cleaned in a professional manner – however, we provide a “softwash” cleaning experience for your property, which is in fact much more effective and long-lasting.
Does your service use hot or cold water?
Many people believe hot water is best for cleaning, however – we actually do not use hot water for house washing. Contrary to popular belief hot water is not needed and the high temperature of the hoses [200+F] on your lawn will kill the grass where it lays. Hot water is primarily used for cleaning greasy flat surfaces and the removal of gum in commercial areas. It is also used for fleet cleaning and heavy equipment. It is not necessary for residential homes.
Are you able to remove bird's nests?
Only if there are no eggs or baby birds residing. We WILL NOT, under any circumstance, remove a nest that is occupied. If the nest is empty we are happy to remove it for you.
Do I need to be home for this service?
Will your service kill my plants?
What's included in the service?
We wash all the siding from top to bottom
Does your process use harsh cleaners?
It does not. We use a proprietary mix of soft chemicals that are designed to kill the mildew while also loosening cobwebs and other pollutants from the siding. Our house washing chemicals kill all mildew, unlike competitor’s products which leave microscopic mildew attached to the siding. When competitor’s take these shortcuts, it allows mildew and mold to grow back in a month or two. Keep in mind we have been doing this for nearly 20 years!
How long have you been doing this?
Atlantic Power Washing was established in October of 1998. This is our passion and we have been in business for over 20 years.